Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Springtime in Germany

Before I get on to my actual post for this week, I would like to first suggest that you take a look at the comments from last week's post. Several people included links to their own personal blogs, and I loved reading through them. They are some great blogs. Don't miss them!! I am thinking a blog-roll of chromosome 18-themed blogs might be in order...

Now, on to today's blog post. I had INTENDED to make it a follow-up to my initial post about my pledge for the Registry's birthday. I want to take pictures of Registry items in various places. Why? Well, I don't really have a good reason, other than I love to travel, and I love the Registry.

The first picture was going to be posted today. It was taken in Warsaw, Poland a few weeks ago, and I just haven't posted it yet. And I won't be posting it today. You see, it is still on our camera's memory card. Which is still in our camera. Which is (presumably) in my husband's pocket. Who is currently on a Soviet-era train in Ukraine. It is a long story, involving an Icelandic ash cloud and an unexpectedly lengthy business trip to Kiev.

The end result: I don't have access to the picture of my Registry coffee mug in Warsaw. So, instead, I decided to take a picture of said mug here in Germany. This photo was taken in our backyard. I was trying to also get a picture of the autobahn in the background, but I think that effort was an epic FAIL. The only way you would know that it is the autobahn is if I told you that white splotch to the left of the mug is a semi-truck.


I think it is clear that I was never meant to be a photographer.

Anyway. Assuming the camera and its memory card appear at some point in the near future, I'll post another photo of a Registry item in a unique place. In the meantime, if anyone out there has photos with Registry paraphernalia from around the world (be it in the US, Finland, New Zealand, UK, South America) and would like them featured on the blog, send them my way at seboldc@uthscsa.edu!!! Traveling and learning about other places in the world is my very favorite hobby, and it is ALWAYS interesting to see where people are from or where they have been! In June, I'm traveling to Sweden for the European Society of Human Genetics Meeting (presuming that Icelandic volcano chills out a bit!) I'll definitely be taking some Registry pictures there!

1 comment:

  1. awholelotofcrazyforonemom.blogspot.com I also blog about my life with my 18q- mosaic 9 yr old & two "typical" girls as well as a couple foster babies. Love to keep up with the registry here!

    ReplyDelete