Friday, July 9, 2010

A Touch of Envy

As I write this, I know that many chromosome 18 families are converging on Tulsa, Oklahoma for this year's Registry conference. Unfortunately, for a variety of reasons, it is impossible for me to come along this year. In fact, I've only ever been able to make it to one conference. That was in 2007, when the conference was held in Anaheim. And it was AWESOME. I had such a fantastic time meeting so many people that I had only spoken with over the telephone or email. I loved seeing families hanging out poolside, in meetings, at dinner, chatting until all hours of the night in the hallways of the hotel...

For a better idea of what goes on at one of these conferences, you should check out this video, made at last year's Vegas conference...

Las Vegas 2009 from Thilo Eckoldt on Vimeo.



It is a great time, and I just wish I could be there again this year. Unfortunately, it is not to be. However, I just wanted to wish all that are heading to Oklahoma this week-end safe travels, and a WONDERFUL conference!! Take pictures, and share them, please!!!

1 comment:

  1. This is the first Conference since Emarie was born that we will be missing. And we are very sad about that. Since it's very symbolic to us, it was our transition into this very unique and wonderful world. Funny, that I don't remember those animals at all! That would have been fun! Gotta love what Rick does!

    ReplyDelete